Monday 8 March 2010

my first post!



My very first post on my new blog documenting my work! This is an attempt to present my work whilst recording and profiling the vast amounts of ideas, plots, plans and intentions (the jam) which often end up staying just as that due to a shortage of time and organisation (the elusive bread). Hopefully the act of blogging will provide a little extra bread for my jam, resulting in a satisfying cyber-sandwich. Yum!
Due to a desperate urge to get something up here straight away, teamed with a lack of up-to-date photos as a result of a recent low-down, dirty camera and laptop robbery, I have opted to use these two collage pieces as my debut images. These were made as preparatory work for a ceramics project during my second year at uni, a time when I was largely inspired by fashion illustration, grannies, hair and feathers. I'd pretty much forgotten about them but have been reminded of how much I like to collage... maybe it's time to reach for the scalpel and plasters again...

No comments:

Post a Comment