Monday 22 March 2010

my workspace


My workspace after a looooong day in St Martin's library, photocopying circus-related imagery. Typing into the catalogue search, 'circus animals', 'performing animals', 'animals wearing clothes', 'animals as humans', I was shocked by how few books have been published solely with my project in mind. So without the comprehensive Circus Design publication, I took the long way round and have a desk strewn with ponies, elephants, tigers, cheetahs, clowns and a monkey in a tutu... success! Someone once told me it's best to stop with a head full of ideas so you have something to dive straight back into the next day. That's excuse enough for me to call it a day... resting my scapol-wounded fingers, listening to Jarvis Cocker and letting my brain tick away with photocopy textures and collaged bits. Till tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Glad to see someone is working hard.

    I came across this book which is full of amazing images from the circus,the only problem is the price.

    http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/00331/facts.the_circus_1870_1950.htm

    ReplyDelete